Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ten point SOMETHING. .

1. I am not perfect and I will not try to be.
The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists. It rewards people who get things DONE. (Perfect time, perfect circumstance is a myth) And the only way to get things done is to be imperfect 99% of the time. I will try to get things DONE and leave it for the Greater Force to make them fall into place. If they don’t, the “Rise” after the Fall.
2. I cannot, and will not try, to please everyone.
No matter what I do or how I do it, there will always be people that disagree with what I am doing. I will simply and only do what I know is right.
It doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it, it matters how many people do.
3. I will take part in something I believe in.
This could be ANYTHING.
If it connects to me on a spiritual, moral or a psychological ground, I am in!

4. I will prioritize my obligations and do important things first.
It’s the only way to turn a dream into a reality. No exceptions!
5. I will choose my friends wisely.
My friends are the “Family” I can choose. Why goof it up?!

6. I will help others when I am able to.
1. The more I help others, the more they will want to help me. (I am not a Saint!)
2. No fake promises. Hence the “when I am able to”

7. I will focus on the positive.
Or at least try to.

8. I can only be me.
Judy Garland once said, “Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.” I live by this statement.

9. I will be here now.
Life is happening right now. Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, I want to practice being and living in the present moment.
Right now is the only moment guaranteed to Me. Right now is life.
I won’t miss it.
10. Life never gets any better, only my perception of it does.
The world around Me changes when I change.
If I awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in my life today, and I pay close attention, I will often find that I am right. THE OPPOSITE IS ALSO TRUE. The choice is mine to make.

1 comment:

  1. Brother, I really admire the time you would have given behind introspection to come up with these point!
    And have you read 'The Secret', if not, buy it at once. Its a must read for someone like you. It builds the positivity.

    ReplyDelete